LMIA & Work Permits in Canada

Canada is the perfect country for you to boost your career prospects and make the most of your future! With an open work permit or an LMIA in Canada, you have the opportunity to be part of Canada’s ever-growing economic boom while immersing yourself in our diverse culture. 

An LMIA, also known as a Labour Market Impact Assessment, is a document that a Canadian employer may need to get before hiring a foreign worker. The form shows a need for a foreign worker to fill the current job and that no Canadian workers or permanent residents can perform the current position. Most employers need an LMIA before they can hire a temporary foreign worker. However, there are exemptions for some businesses and individuals. Our immigration consultants can guide you on your best avenue to continue working in Canada. 

Those applying for an IEC application with an existing job offer, the right credentials, and the right attitude are likely to find work in Canada.

It depends on which work visa you are applying for. LMIAs must have a job offer letter, a contract, a copy of the LMIA, and its number, alongside other documents. Open work permits require a valid passport and supporting documents. We can help determine the necessary documents for each of these permits.

Students are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week on a study visa. However, if they wish to continue working post-graduation, they will have to apply for a post-graduate work permit.

Low Unemployment Rates
Temporary residents, students, express entry applicants and immigrants will always find meaningful, rewarding employment thanks to Canada having one of the lowest unemployment rates in the world.
Stable Economy
Built on a culture of hard work and innovation, our country has a strong backbone that enhances one's quality of life. You’ll always find work or support when needed.
Variety of Industries
Oil and gas, television and movies, and technology are among the many powerful industries that make Canada an enticing prospect for work.

LMIA-Based Work Permits vs. Open Work Permits

When applying for a work permit in Canada, it’s important to distinguish between open work and LMIA visas. The former allows you to work in any job, for any employer, anywhere in our great country. LMIAs, on the other hand, are “closed” work permits, which determines that you must have a job offer, work in a specific position and for a particular employer. We have the experience to assist you in applying for a labour impact assessment or open work permit and extending your visa length.

Working in Canada

A booming economy with several powerful industries, strong workplace laws and social security benefits, thriving financial and banking networks, and a culture built on hardwork and acceptance makes Canada a marvellous country for people to enhance their career and make it their home. Employers welcome all types of skilled workers with open arms, knowing the skill and expertise they bring makes Canada a stronger, more diverse country. Experience a prosperous future with a Canadian work permit